Friday, May 8, 2009

Scores and Standings 5/8

So Detroit takes revenge and Marian Hossa gets two goals en route to a series-tying win. Chicago also pulls even with the 'Nucks, scoring late in the game. I'd be pissed if I had Roberto Luongo, but since I don't, I'm glad to see that Jiggy got some playing time.

Washington - Pittsburgh at 7 tonight, Boston - Carolina at 7:30.

Go Bruins. I feel dirty saying it. But I really, really, really hate the Hurricanes.
Oh, my hatred for Boston is no less bitter, but I hate Boston for different reasons than I do the Hurricanes. I have a healthy respect for Boston, its franchise, and its fans. Carolina's fans are stupid to the core, arrogant from winning the Cup, only accomplished by injuring Montreal's captain and Edmonton's starting goalie. Carolina fans are hereby never ever allowed to get upset at calls against the Hurricanes, or get mad when they feel a penalty should be called against the other team. And what's with "Ref you suck" anyway? I've noticed that only southern teams do this. Up in real hockey rinks, we know the names of the officials. Or we save energy by just going "boo."

Anyone seen any recent interviews with Eric Staal? I called him pasty-faced before, but he looked positively
green the other night. Whatever uglifying disease Rod Brind'Amour has, it must be contagious.


1) Derek:
89 (87)
Alex Ovechkin (F, Was)
Sidney Crosby (F, Pit)
Mark Recchi (F, Bos)
Scott Niedermayer (D, Ana) G=2
Tim Thomas (G, Bos)


2) Geoff: 84 (76)
Johan Franzen (F, Det) 2G,A,W=6
Marc Savard (F, Bos)
Bill Guerin (F, Pit)
Niklas Lidstrom (D, Det) A,W=2
Zdeno Chara (D, Bos)
JS Giguere (G, Ana) 0


3) Bride of Kovalev: 80 (72)
Marian Hossa (F, Det) 2G,W=5
Henrik Zetterberg (F, Det) G,W=3
Evgeni Malkin (F, Pit)
Dennis Wideman (D, Bos)


4) Number 31: 61 (59)
Chris Kunitz (F, Pit)
Jonathan Toews (F, Chi) W=1
Sergei Gonchar (D, Pit)
Mike Green (D, Was)
Nicolai Khabibulin (G, Chi) W=1


5) P-Stone: 54 (50)
Pavel Datsyuk (F, Det) W=1
Brian Rafalski (D, Det) W=1
Niklas Kronwall (D, Det) A,W=2

No comments: