Some thoughts while watching the game:
- Canada came out STRONG, just like we knew they would.
- That said, they blew their load physically halfway through the game.
- US had the worst special teams play I think I've ever seen by anyone, in any age group, in any league.
- AWESOME save by Miller in the third.
- Sidney Crosby is NOT a great skater. Wanna know who is? Patrick Kane.
- I knew that Canada would be on their heels in the third, as they were probably the worst third-period team in the entire tournament.
- Canada used the four-on-four to compensate for poor skating with good passing and positional play. Honestly, it became very apparent during the third period that, although Canada has supremely good all-around hockey players, their skating is largely suspect.
- The US totally left Ryan Miller out to dry during the OT.
- Bride of Kovalev totally called it. Sidney Fucking Crosby. Halfway through the third period she said, "Watch the US tie it up and Crosby score in overtime."
- I can handle the US losing to Canada. What I can't handle is watching that nut-punching, overrated child, who was largely invisible for the entire Olympics, score the overtime goal to win the Gold medal. Ugh.
In other news, Finland won the Bronze medal, so Saku has that to go along with his Silver from Torino. It's too bad he'll probably never get another chance at Gold.
Later last night, BoK and I kicked Bowser's ass to make ourselves feel better. Even more satisfying than a (well-deserved) cross-check to Corey Perry's face.