Thursday, May 29, 2008

Scores and Standings

So Pittsburgh has made it a series. Watching Detroit last night, I got a sense of what it must have been like to see the Canadiens play in the 70's. Although the Wings lost, they are excellent in every aspect of the game. It's obvious that this is a team that expects to win, and is used to winning. I was watching outstanding hockey last night, from both teams.

And I'm sorry, but Holmstrom got what he deserved. When you are constantly running a team's goalie, you'd better be prepared to get some bad treatment when you go towards the net. I was most impressed with Orpik's behavior towards the Wings last night.


Stoner: 139 (137)
Zetterberg (Det)
Malkin (Pit) W=1
Fleury (Pit) W=1


D-man (Capt. Sparrow): 136 (133)
Datsyuk (Det)
Hossa, (Pit) A,A,W=3


Kovalev Jr. (Habsfan1993): 96 (91)
Crosby (Pit) G,G,W=5
Rafalski (Det)


Go Wings: 89 (88)
Gonchar (Pit) W=1
Hasek (Det)


Michael Corleone: 79 (78)
Lidstrom (Det) A=1


Pittsburgh 1 - Detroit 2


Bride of Kovalev (making some mean leftovers): 79 (78)
Whitney (Pit) W=1

4 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

Quietly making a run under the radar...

Icebuddy said...

Has anybody else noticed how differently MA Fleury has looked in the first three games of this series compared to the rest of the Playoffs? I thought he'd shaken his old ways, but he's gone back to being twitchy, nervous and unprepared. Granted, this usually happens after his D blows it for him and screens him letting up the first goal, but still it's worrysome. He's far to talented to revert back to his "I'M DOMINIC HASEK!" style of flailing around the ice like a dope. Clearly, it's not working for Dominator himself so why bother. Maybe play more like Osgood.

And D-man, how the crap are you quietly under the radar? It's a two man competition now and your down by three with the King Of Playoff Hockey (Hossa) leading the charge! I've already conceded my loss to the statue in the newsroom...

Capt. Sparrow said...

Under the radar bc last night was the first night that either Malkin or Zetterberg didnt find the scoring sheet? It looked like after game 2 that you just about had this wrapped up, and Marian Hossa keeps chipping away with multiple asist games. Hossa missed so many opportunites last night, I was ready to throw my beer thru the tv!!!

And Franzen's goal last night was pretty sweet! He undressed Hall Gill (although who doesn't) and made MA Fleury look silly.

Lastly, outside of the B's/Habs series, and game 3 last night, the playoffs this year have SUCKED!!!

A Concerned Citizen said...

I was wondering myself, why, outside of the B's Habs series, I have not watched a whole hell of a lot of playoff hockey. It may be because I'm busy trying to buy a house, but I think they actually may suck this year. But the question is, WHY?
I blame Mike "Andre and Dany Markov are brothers" Emrick.

Give me Gary Thorne and Bil Clement!