Friday, November 6, 2009

When you ain't got nothin, you got nothin to lose

And with that Bob Dylan quote, so begins this obligatory review of last night's game.

***

The quote exemplifies how I feel Carey price approached last night's game. Nothing in front of him, no stats worth mentioning, nothing to lose.

***

I have never seen a team return so many gift-wrapped turnovers in my life. Here's my impression of the last seven minutes:

Bruins cough up puck at the Habs blue line.
Odd-man rush time!
Habs make horrible play to give it right back to the Bruins
Rinse
Repeat

***

Habs goal waved off, Bruins goal waved off. Glad neither side can call foul play.

***

Seriously, my keyboard refuses to capitalize the B in Bruins. See? I had to go back and correct it.

***

I may be just projecting, but it seems that when the Habs leave Carey Price out to dry and he gets scored on, you can practically see the word balloon above him saying, "These teammates of mine fucking suck!" He needs to work on that body language. I have had goalies who could barely hide their contempt for their teammates, and it is not a good situation.

***

With five minutes to go in the third, I said out loud, "The Habs will not let Carey Price get a shutout." I hate being right all the time.

***

Cue the obligatory Tim Thomas ridiculous save highlight.

***

That being said, the Habs deserved a loss simply for not scoring on a long 5-on-3 power-play.

***

The Habs deserved a loss, Carey Price deserved a shutout win. The result? Habs win the tie.

***

I am going to use that phrase from now on. A shootout win is not a "win." It's winning the tie.

***

Glen Metropolit is the bee's knees. Every night he outplays everyone else on either team.

***

Yes, Bruins fans, you are allowed to say "If Milan Lucic and Marc Savard had been playing we would have won 5-1." The Habs may not be so awesome, but the Bruins didn't bring their "A" game either.

***

Sick of overtime.

2 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

This was an ugly game between 2 bad teams right now.

Number31 said...

I <3 Metro
Thanks for waiving him Flyers for Brierererere's salary problems!