Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Playoff Pool Time



Ok folks, time to pull aside the curtain and see the REAL reason why this site exists: My annual playoff pool!

Let me know through my e-mail, those who have it, who's interested. I'd also be curious to see if some celebrity guests (other bloggers) would like to participate. P-stone can tell you, the reward for winning is a big fat prize. Oh, and since the feds are watching my every move, I must tell you that there is no cost to play. I do this for love of the game and for the love of stats.

Season ends this Sunday, playoffs begin soon thereafter. So let me know who's interested, and I'll start working on a draft order.

Rules are:
You draft 6 players. 3 Forwards, 2 Defensemen*, 1 Goalie.

Once a player is drafted, he's gone. Choose wisely: if your entire team is wiped out in the first round (Bride of Kovalev had this misfortune), you're done.

Points are given as follows: 2 points for a goal, 1 point for an assist, 1 point for a game your player participates in (folks have always argued whether the backup goalie should get this point; I'll check last year's rules on that), and 2 points for a shutout.

Fairly simple. I'll post the standings each day, and you can use the comments section for smack talk. I'll also be posting post-mortems on some days, so there's that to look forward too :-P

Good luck, and happy playoffs!


*In the case of D-men/Forwards who swing both ways like Dandenault, you can choose which position you want them to take, and there they will remain.

4 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

The winner this year???

THIS GUY RIGHT HERE!!!

Grrrreg said...

I'm not a celebrity, but I'd like to be a guest. Is that possible?

Number31 said...

(Oops I answered in the comments on my page)
Hmm... I was never really much of a pool person but put me in for a maybe.

A Concerned Citizen said...

31--You in?