Monday, April 13, 2009

The breakdown:

Here's the distribution of players represented in our pool, by team:

Detroit: 7
Pittsburgh: 5
Boston: 5
San Jose: 3
New Jersey: 2
Washington: 2
Chicago: 2
Anaheim: 2
Calgary: 1
Montreal: 1

Based on that, Detroit will be playing the Penguins or Bruins in the Cup finals again. Outside chance of San Jose getting there, with the Devils, Capitals, and Blackhawks winning at least one round. Dark Horse picks are Calgary and Montreal. The best chance for an upset is the Ducks, according to our pool's logic.

Teams not represented at all: Flyers, Hurricanes, Rangers, Canucks, Blues, Blue Jackets
No one wanted to take a chance on the St. Louis-Vancouver series. (Smart move, IMO)

7 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

You know I got to be honest, it would nt surprise me at all to see the Blues make it to the conference finals. They've been one of the hottest teams playing right now.

Capt. Sparrow said...

Also as a heads up, Mark Recchi plays for the Bruins not the Penguins. You have him marked as a Penguin on the final roster.

So it also should be 5 Pens and 5 B's instead of 6 Pens and 4 B's.

A Concerned Citizen said...

Well shit. Thanks. You know, both teams are black-gold, he's played for both...
Anyway, thanks.

Capt. Sparrow said...

Either way there's a good possibility that one black and gold team will be playing in the cup finals this year lol.

I just hope its the team I cheer for!

Capt. Sparrow said...

I'm not trying to be a homer here (even tho I might sound like one) but I am a little surprised that everyone passed on Phil Kessel. I mean, in his last 3 games played, he only has 5 goals, and 1 assist. I thought P-Stone would have taken a gamble on him. I flipped a coin between him and Recchi and tails prevailed!

A Concerned Citizen said...

I too thought about Kessel, but if I had taken him and Savard had scored more, it would have driven me nut.
HAHAHAHA

Number31 said...

I was going to take OSSSSSSSHIIIIE just 'cause I like yelling his name. But whatever.