Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, your draft order

Names were put in a (Habs) hat and drawn, and the result is your draft order:

1. Bride of Kovalev
2. P-Stone
3. Derek
4. Geoff (me)
5. Number 31*

*: provided she would like to be our celebrity blogger guest.


Here's how we roll: The draft goes from top to bottom, then back up. So, when 31 makes her pick, she will then make ANOTHER pick, then me, then Derek, and so on.

Let's put this to a vote: should backup goalies get points for wins? I'm inclined to say "no", but let me know what you think.

By the way, a shutout is worth TWO ADDITIONAL points. So, goalie x gets a shutout, he earns three points for the night. And yes, goalies also earn points for assists (and goals, if they happen).



Draft Central to be posted shortly. PLEASE be timely when it is your turn. I really despise having to wait 12 hours for someone to make a pick, and then they choose someone that's already been taken or isn't even in the playoffs.

3 comments:

Number31 said...

Sure I'll joing in. Why not. Never tried the pool thing before!

Number31 said...

As for backups getting a point for wins...hmm... I'm inclined to say "yes" since, you know, Ward stepped in on Gerber and went all the way... I don't know if that'll ever happen again, but you never know in hockey eh?

Do you pick your own backup when you pick your goalie...?

A Concerned Citizen said...

31, glad to have you aboard!

As far as goalies go, it's funny you metion Wardo and Gerber. A few years back a fella won this pool by riding points from Gerber, even though he wasn't playing. If he hadn't picked Gerber, he would not have won. I've always been wary of that sort of thing ever since. But, I'll take your vote under advisement. After all, it's no secret that you're picking players based on their teams, not just the players themselves.

Just remember, you only pick 3 forwards, 2 D, and 1 goalie. No backups, so make your picks count!