Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This Just in: Guy Carbonneai Fired! But you already knew that, didn't you?

Well, I guess it's time to shake off the cobwebs and come back to the real world.
Truth be told, when I found out that ole Guy "Line-Mixin" Carbonneau was fired, I proceeded to have a night of it, Bob's-a-Dyin' fasion. (To landlubbers, read: I drank myself into a stupor. Woo hoo.) That is why I am only getting around to writing something about it now.

In any case. I was surprised to see him get fired, but also overjoyed. Like Santa Claus coming to my house and telling me he forgot to drop off Julianne Moore on his last visit in December, and here you go, sorry about the mixup, have fun.

Mmmmm.

Oh right. Carnonneau. Yeah, I was on the phone with Bride of Kovalev, who is out of town lawyering and stuff, and she was pretty surprised too, seeing as Guy is chums with Bob Gainey. I did remind her that Boom Boom Geoffrion lasted like six games as the Habs' head coach one year. I do feel slightly bad for Bob Gainey, but he's the one who put himself, as well as all of us Habs fans, in this situation.

I should be surprised it took this long to fire Carbonneau, but knowing how long it takes Gainey to shit/get off the pot, I suppose this was the best we could hope for. Unfortunately, Bob has once again waited too long to a: shit b: get off said pot. Gainey sat on his ass last year and let the trade deadline pass by while he gave away our #1 goalie for a song, and did the same ass-sitting this year (because he knew he had missed the boat last year). Now, he has a lot of damage control to do. I wish him luck, but this is Bob Gainey's last chance as far as I'm concerned. He fucks this up, and I'll be calling for his firing next.

But in the meantime, huzzah, splice the main brace, and have fun!

Oh my head.

No comments: