Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bob Gainey to Habs Fans: nyah nyah nyah nyah



So the trade deadline has come and gone, and Bob Gainey has once again sat on his ass. No big surprises. Another welfare Christmas for Habs fans. But maybe we'll get a big free agent this year! Yeah!


Sigh.


Oh, and Bruins Management stuck it to their fans as well. But Bruins fans deserve it, see.


Update:

According to Habsinsideout, Bob Gainey said he waited for his phone to ring but didn't get any offers "out of left field." So Bob Gainey has admitted that on one of the busiest days of the year, he just sat in his office and waited for the phone to ring.
Looks like I'm in the wrong damn profession. If I told my boss or my students that all I do is sit in my office all day playing solitaire waiting for the phone to ring, I'd be joining the masses of unemployed people.
I gotta get me a job as an NHL GM. But then again, Montreal hasn't won the Cup in 16 years. Maybe this is why. Maybe other NHL GM's do more than wait for the phone to ring. Maybe, perhaps, they pick it up and call someone from time to time. Like, on the day of the trade deadline.

No comments: