Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ducks-Habs Post-Mortem

I'll make this brief. Backchecking is good. Four of the Ducks six goals were scored on rushes where no forward was in position. Montreal outshot its opponent 51-25. Sure, Halak gave up four goals on twelve shots, but when you hang your goalie out to dry like the Habs did on those rushes and on a poor defensive breakdown, there's not much either Halak or Price can do. The Habs forward are to blame for this one.

The theme for today's practice? Backchecking, backchecking, some sprints, and then more backchecking.

1 comment:

Capt. Sparrow said...

I was actually thinking about siting Cory Perry and Ryan Getzlaf this game. It's a good thing I was too lazy to walk over to the computer to change it...

Geoff - I need you to email me your address too.