Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scores and Standings 4/28

DUCKS PULL THE UPSET! Seriously, I'm not all that surprised. There's a reason I don't take Sharks in my playoff teams. This is a team that cannot get it done in the post-season. Anyone want to make the obvious connection between Joe Thornton and his involvement with disappointing teams?

P-Stone is now putting all his hopes in Detroit. But, several of us have enough Red Wings to make it very tough for him to pull away even if they do win the Cup.

Can someone tell me how I'm the only person to survive the first round with all my players intact, and yet I'm only in third place?

Two great games tonight. Rangers-Capitals at 7, Hurricanes-Devils at 7:30. Any predictions?


1) Bride of Kovalev: 59 (58)
Marian Hossa (F, Det)
Henrik Zetterberg (F, Det)
Evgeni Malkin (F, Pit)
Dennis Wideman (D, Bos)
Dan Boyle (D, SJ) A=1
Martin Brodeur (G, NJ)


2) Derek: 53 (51)
Alex Ovechkin (F, Was)
Sidney Crosby (F, Pit)
Mark Recchi (F, Bos)
Dion Phaneuf (D, Cal) 0
Scott Niedermayer (D, Ana) A,W=2
Tim Thomas (G, Bos)


3) Geoff: 52 (51)
Johan Franzen (F, Det)
Marc Savard (F, Bos)
Bill Guerin (F, Pit)
Niklas Lidstrom (D, Det)
Zdeno Chara (D, Bos)
JS Giguere (G, Ana) W=1


4) P-Stone: 45
(45)
Pavel Datsyuk (F, Det)
Joe Thornton (F, SJ) 0
Zach Parise (F, NJ)
Brian Rafalski (D, Det)
Niklas Kronwall (D, Det)
Evgeni Nabokov (G, SJ) 0


5) Number 31: 44
(42)
E Alex Kovalev (F, Mon)
Chris Kunitz (F, Pit)
Jonathan Toews (F, Chi) W=1
Sergei Gonchar (D, Pit)
Mike Green (D, Was)
Nicolai Khabibulin (G, Chi) W=1

3 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

I'm taking the Rangers over the Capitals and the Canes over the Devils. The potential is there for both to pull off HUGE upsets.

A Concerned Citizen said...

For some reason I think the Rangers will win too. Don't know why, just a feeling.

Got to say, I'm pulling for New Jersey, even though I dislike them. Carolina fans are stoopid and their players are overrated.

Capt. Sparrow said...

I'm just sick of New Jersey winning. It seems like if its not Detroit winning it all, its the Devils.