Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It Begins...

I hereby command you, as Playoff Pool Commissioner, to fire up your iPods with AC/DC's "For Those about to Rock" or Filter's "Nice Shot" and get pumped, for the playoffs are upon us, and it is good.

One small order of business: P-Stone and Derek, please let me know your vote for letting backup goalies earn points for wins. I can really only see this applying to Khabibulin, and perhaps Tiny Tim if he falters and gets replaced by Fernandez.

So. From here on out, you'll be seeing daily scores and standings, updated from the previous evening's games. If you want to dispute a score, please let me know within 24 hours of the posting so I can get it corrected. I am awesome, but I do make mistakes. (From time to time)

See you tomorrow with your first Scores and Standings.

3 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

I'm for getting the team win point but nothing if the backup posts a shutout. Its almost the same way if you pick a guy and he becomes injured and not play. Your not gonna get any poins for goals, assists but you can still pick up a point for a win. But based on your Thomas/Fernandez example, I could seem a little biased here on the basis that I have Thomas (although I really don't see Fernandez replacing Thomas anyway. If Fernandez needs to come in then its pretty much over.)

Capt. Sparrow said...

It may be a little late to do this now, but I may have a suggestion for future playoff pools if it sounds like a good idea to all (mainly the commish since its his pool). When it comes to drafting goalies, you draft the team goaltending combo instead of one individual. This could possibilyliminates the Cam Ward scenerio as whoever drafted Gerber, essentially drafted the Canes goal dueo and would have anyway.

But like 31 said a couple posts back, how often does that situation really happen? (Knocking on wood right now...)

Icebuddy said...

I'm with Derek for next year with the idea of the team goalie concept. But for this year...no, I don't think the goalie should get the point for a game he didn't play.

And I say that objectively. Not just because I hate Tim Thomas and his stupid face.