Monday, April 22, 2013

Draft order

Hello, poolers.

Here is the draft order, and schedule:

Unless there is an overwhelming outcry, we will begin the draft on Sunday afternoon, April 28th. I know the Bruins have that last makeup game that day, but we can't wait forever, and weekdays seem to create a lot of delays in the draft.

The draft order has totally been determined at random, and coincidentally is the exact reverse order of last year's finish. Isn't that amazing.

So, the draft order is:

1. Derek
2. Bride of Kovalev
3. Mother of Kovalev
4. Father of Kovalev
5. P-Stone
6. Hawks Fan
7. Me

We do this ladder-style, so the second round will go from the bottom back to the top, 7 back to 1.


In case anyone needs a refresher on the rules, here goes:
Your team must consist of: 3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 goalie.
Points are: 2 points for a goal, 1 point for an assist, 2 extra points for a shutout (goalie only), 1 point for each win. Injured players get points for team wins, suspended players do not.

Goalies: I like the way we've done team goaltending in the past. So you will pick a team's tandem. For example: if you pick Montreal's goalies, you get BOTH Carey Price and Peter Budaj.
This can lead to some confusion: say, Price gets an assist and then hurts himself, and Peter Budaj comes in. No one scores on Montreal, but two goalies have combined for the shutout.
The scoring would be: 1 point for the Carey Price assist, 1 point for the win, and 2 points for the combined shutout. The NHL might not recognize an individual with the shutout, but we will award the two points for the duo's work.

I will do my utmost to log accurate scores, but I can make mistakes from time to time, especially in the first round. If you think I made an error, please do let me know, but do it in a timely fashion.

I guess that's it for now.

I'll be in touch, and I look forward to an exciting draft day, and a hard-fought title defense.

Yours,
KK

No comments: