Friday, November 14, 2008

Habs-Bruins Recap: Montreal wins yet agai- wait, what? The Bruins won? SIX TO FUCKING ONE?

Yeah, so I was right. The days of the Habs owning the Bruins are over. So too appear to be the days of Mike Komisarek and Andrei Markov playing anything close to NHL-level defense, and, of crap I just can't go on.

So rather than trot out a laundry list of Canadiens who played utterly craptastic last night, let's look at the bright spot. Oh, right. There wasn't any. Aside from seeing Latendresse improve his skating and stickhandling, there wasn't much to brag about for the Habs.

Milan Lucic is fast becoming enemy number one for Montreal. He scored a goal and won a fight against Mike Komisarek, although I have this to say: If Jack Edwards is going to slander other teams' players by referring to them as "The coward (insert name here)", he needs to stop and consider that Lucic passed up several opportunities to fight Georges Laraque. So, in deference to Edwards, I have no choice but to now refer to him as "The Coward Lucic." Fair's fair.

Gripes aside, Boston deserved this win, and Montreal is going from Bad to Worse in the effort department. We'll probably start seeing Manny Fernandez getting most of the starts against Montreal from now on. Thomas has had zero luck against the Habs, and the change seems to have worked. Montreal came out strong for the first four minutes, and Fernandez was solid. That enabled Boston to find their rhythm and start hammering away.

Luckily for me, once Carey Price got the delay of game penalty four minutes into the second period, I knew it was all over. I turned off the game and played with my Wii (God, that sounds dirty) the rest of the evening. I did, however, suffer through the highlights* this morning so as to bring you all the best commentary around; you're welcome.

Boston has won five straight. Wow. Montreal will try to move on and hopefully give more than a four-minute effort against Filthydelphia on Saturday. Hey, Boston: Got any more of that Revenge Juice you drank before last night? We could use some before our rematch against the Pppphbblyers.

3 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

I agree with you about Jack Edwards, he sucks. You and I differ about Dale Arnold but Dale is 120 times better than Jack. People over here in Boston are even ripping Jack so you’re not alone.

I have to disagree with you about calling Milan Lucic (my favorite player in the NHL) a coward. The whole thing between him and Komisarek has been brewing for over a year now so it was only a matter of time in this game that they dropped the gloves. I would absolutely love to see Lucic take on Laraque, which would probably that could quite possibly sell out the MGM Grand arena and make millions off of Pay Per View.

I am a little concerned saying this because of this team's history in the playoffs, and I know its early, but I think the Bruins could be poised to make a serious run in the playoffs. There's so spectacular star on this team, just 3 really solid lines. In a way, they kind of remind me of the Carolina Hurricanes and the Tampa Bay Lightning teams that won the cup. But I wont come out and say what I am applying do to superstition. There was a great article in the Boston Globe the other day, about how this team is always together on and off the ice. That type of chemistry is the main ingredient in building a Stanley Cup (I wont say it but it rhymes with Shampion).

Next time you come to find you will find me sporting my new authentic #17 Milan Lucic jersey that I am gonna run out and buy today at 1:30.

A Concerned Citizen said...

I read that article about the team unity. Boston really has found a good identity and are also very well-coached.

And yeah, Lucic was just waiting for the opportunity to fight with Komi. That was inevitable. I was mainly using the opportunity to rip Jack Edwards, not Lucic. I would be happy to have him on the Habs. He's your prototypical "love to hate" kind of player.

Capt. Sparrow said...

http://blogs.weei.com/steveciaccio/2008/11/13/jack-this/

Heres a great blog article ripping Jack Edwards. See, I told you we hated him here too lol.