Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's a Tie-Breaker!

OK, this is a tough call to have to make. Derek and P-stone, after four rounds, have an equal amount of points. I checked on the rules I made for this year, and after considering how many players each person has from the cup-winner (Each of you has one), I said that the person with the most players left overall would win. Well, that's P-stone. Also, he has the Conn Smythe winner.

So, without further delay, I hereby declare P-Stone the winner of this year's Playoff Pool. Congratulations to you sir, and also to Derek for making this such a painful decision to make. I wish I could get two trophies for you guys.


P-Stone: 152 (145)
Zetterberg (Det) G,A,W=4
Malkin (Pit) G,A=3
Fleury (Pit) 0


D-man (Capt. Sparrow): 152 (146)
Datsyuk (Det) 2A,W=3
Hossa, (Pit) G,A=3


Kovalev Jr. (Habsfan1993): 109 (105)
Crosby (Pit) A=1
Rafalski (Det) G,W=3


Go Wings: 95 (93)
Gonchar (Pit) A=1
Hasek (Det) W=1


Michael Corleone: 83 (82)
Lidstrom (Det) W=1


Pittsburgh 2 - Detroit 4


Bride of Kovalev (making some mean leftovers): 80
Whitney (Pit)

9 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

I feel the Penguins pain...Tiebreakers are like losing in the shootout. A tough way to decide the winner but needs to be done. The spot will remain empty on my desk until next season...

Speaking of that, is there a trophy for the fantasy league?

Congrats to the Wings, Zetts, and P-Stone.


Damn you Marc Andre Fleury!!!If if wasn't for you and a weak 3rd goal for Zetts I would be victorious right now!!!

Icebuddy said...

What a hell of a competition there Derek, that was a lot of fun. I mean, on days when I wasn't trying to throw myself into traffic over Marion Hossa or 21 yeard old "Always Drink Plenty of" Malkin complaining he was tired anyway. I'll be honest with you, when Hossa put up like 5 points to my none in game three I think it was, I gave up and went into a deep depression. I was watching games and throwing rotten garbage at my TV. Thank goodness for Zetts and hell, for MA Fleury for playing like a goof again.

And now, the curse of the Hossa Statue is no more. Let us now usher in the era of Hockey Playoff Pool trophy curse.

A Concerned Citizen said...

I say you give the Hossa statue to Derek as his "booby-prize." The curse of *selecting* Hossa continues. Oh yes, it continues...

Capt. Sparrow said...

The ironic part of it is though Goeff - Marion Hossa was argubly my best player for the last two rounds.

I really hope to see him in a black and gold sweater next season - but somehow, someway I think the B's brass will screw this one up...

Icebuddy said...

Aw, c'mon Derek! The B's brass screwing up what could otherwise be a homerun pick up? Why ever would they go and do something like that? By the way...can we even call the Bruins braintrust "brass?" Maybe some sort of inferior metal would be better. Like "The Bruins Copper" or "The Bruins Aluminum Foil." I mean, they're still not finished riding the "Look, we tried that year when we got Savard and Chara!" episode.

Here's how I see the next few months going: They half-heartedly poke around Hossa, assuming he'll want to play for such a "prestigious" organization, then he'll land in Calgary, Colorado or New York. To make up for their lack of doing anything, the black and gold will obtain Crazy-Ass Ray Emery from Ottawa for two pieces of pocket lint and Cam Neely's lucky coffee mug. God bless Boston hockey.

Capt. Sparrow said...

That would not surprise me. They have a tendancy to sign goalies went they dont need them (a la Manny Fernandez)!!!!!!

A Concerned Citizen said...

Admit it. You KNOW they are going to sign Jose Theodore.

Capt. Sparrow said...

Well at least Hossa wont be going to the Canadiens - they dont sign anybody in the offseason!

A Concerned Citizen said...

That's for sure, as far as getting anyone good at least. I'm fairly certain that their big off-season move will be to get Yannic Perreault.