Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Captain's rant...

This is a short post but I had to get the rant out. Even though the finals have absolutely sucked to watch, along with the rest of the playoffs - the 3rd period of game 5 was probably the most exciting hockey that I have watched post-lockout!!!! The Wings were less than 35 seconds away from hoisting Lord Stanley's cup (yet again) to only have that taken away and possibly (more unlikely) wont get that opportunity with a Penguin wins in game 6 and 7. But as good as the period was, overtime was that much worse, that I actually found myself begging for ANYBODY to score to end it so I could go to bed. I should not feel that way when watching the possible closeout game of the finals in overtime!!!!!

And why the hell is Bob Neumeier hosting this on NBC?

Barry Melrose - please stay where you are on ESPN and DO NOT coach the Lightning. John Tortella got the shaft here. There is no possible justification for firing this guy. In my opinion, he is one of the top 5 coaches in the NHL. He turned that franchisee around to win the cup a few yrs back. I know the Lighting were bad this yr, and last yr, but does anybody remember how bad the Lightning really were before they won the cup a few yrs back? Lightning front office - its not the coach - its you!!!! You will NEVER win another championship if you dont figure out the key to winning like every other successful team has - QUALITY GOALTENDING!!!! Mike Smith is your answer? Give me a break! john Tortella can coach my team anyday...

2 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

Sorry...I spelt TORTORELLA wrong...

A Concerned Citizen said...

There is a simple reason why Tortorella was fired: Vincent Lecavalier does not get along with him at all. I think he is coming into the final year of his contract, and Tampa knows that he will not even consider re-signing there if Tortorella is still coach.