Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Emperor has made a critical error...

OK, so no one ever accused me of being especially good at math. I have double-checked my math, and it turns out that every single person's score is wrong. I present your updated standings, and beg your forgiveness. Some of you have more points than you originally did, some fewer. The standings are unaffected, but my shame knows no bounds.
Sometimes score cards change. My system has been to check the official box scores from NHL.com every morning, but these have been known to be notoriously wrong and inaccurate. The stats I checked today were on the NHL playoff stats page, here.

MVP of this round goes to Ovechkin and Iginla, but both are out.
Suck-assiest pick goes to Gaborik, Murray, Giguere, and Huet. I have two of them, so that makes me the suck-assiest. Hooray! P-stone, does that mean I get my very own statue?


D-man (Capt. Sparrow): 59

Datsyuk (Det) 3G, 2A, 4W =12
Hossa, (Pit) 1G, 4A, 4W =10
A. Kostitsyn (Mtl) 3G, 2A, 4W =12
Campbell, (SJ) 3A, 4W =7
Nabokov (SJ) 1SO, 3W =5
Green (Was) 3G, 4A, 3W =13


Go Wings: 53
Thornton (SJ) 2G, 5A, 4W =13
Streit (Mtl) 1G, 1A, 4W =6
Gonchar (Pit) 1G, 1A, 4W =6
Hasek (Det) 4W =4
Ovechkin (Was) 4G, 5A, 3W =16
Selanne (Ana) 2G, 2A, 2W =8


Michael Corleone: 50
Kovalev (Mtl) 2G, 4A, 4W =12
Lidstrom (Det) 2G, 1A, 4W =9
Price (Mtl) 2SO, 2W =6
Iginla (Cal) 4G, 5A, 3W =16
Gaborik (Min) 1A, 2W =3
Niedermayer (Ana) 2A, 2W =4



Stoner: 46
Zetterberg (Det) 2G, 2A, 4W =10
Malkin (Pit) 2G, 5A, 4W =13
Michalek (SJ) 4W =4
Markov (Mtl) 1A, 4W =5
Fleury (Pit) 1SO, 3W =5
Pronger (Ana) 2G, 3A, 2W =9


Kovalev Jr. (Habsfan1993): 45
Crosby (Pit) 2G, 6A, 4W =14
Cheechoo (SJ) 3G, 2A, 4W =12
Rafalski (Det) 1G, 3A, 4W =9
Murray (Bos) 3W =3

Schneider (Ana) 1G, 2W =4
Giguere (Ana) 1A, 2W =3


Montreal 0 - Philadelphia 0
Pittsburgh 0 - New York 0
Detroit 0 - Colorado 0
San Jose 0 - Dallas 0


Bride of Kovalev (making some mean leftovers): 45
Marleau (SJ) 2G, 4A, 4W =12
Plekanec (Mtl) 1G, 3A, 4W =9
Whitney (Pit) 1A, 4W =5
Rivet (SJ) 3A, 4W =7
Getzlaf (Ana) 2G, 3A, 2W =9
Huet (Was) 3W =3

8 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

Your math SUCKS!!!!! Ha ha. I figured out the key to success to this pool. The key is to have more guys on teams that play in a series that lasts 6 or 7 games and win the series. More opportunities for points and points for the wins. Of course the catch to this is drafting the right guys who fall into this category. P-Stone went from dominating the first week, to just about falling into the bottom of the basement this week. If I win this pool too, I think I am going to put my resume in for a GM position within the NHL.

Icebuddy said...

Well Mr. Sparrow...IF that is your real name...your exactly right. The key to staying in it is having the most players possible heading into the later rounds. So, that means you and me! The only two with only one player bounced. This cellar dweller is coming back baby!...You know...unless this whole week off thing for the Pens bites them in the backside.

And indeed Geoff, you are the winner of the "Stoner Memorial Crappy First Round Award." It's a statue of Marion Hossa taking a dump on Huet while wiping his mouth with a hundred dollar bill...Enjoy!

Capt. Sparrow said...

Mmmm! Sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/47730

I sure hope Sean Avery gets a cut of this. What hypocrites they are.

Capt. Sparrow said...

After looking at everybody's rosters, I guess its safe to say that everyone will be rooting for SJ, Det, Mtl, and Pit to advance this series.

Personally I fill be rooting for the filthy flyers to upset the habs (no offense geoff).

Today is the day that you will always remember as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow

A Concerned Citizen said...

Wow...No offense taken. I know you hate the Habs, as any proper Bruins fan ought to, but doesn't it feel a little bad, cheering for the team that put Patrice Bergeron out for the season?

Capt. Sparrow said...

Yes. Thats why I want them to lose next round. Its a lose lose situation going on here.

Icebuddy said...

Wait wait wait....Patrice Bergeron was hurt this season? Huh...I guess I just didn't notice the difference in having him skate listlessly in the slot or not being there at all. Tell me, when he was hurt, was he wearing a sign on his chest that said "Please God, get me back together with Joe Thornton!"?