Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another exciting night of hockey!

Another 2 game 7's on tap for tonight. Game 7 of the NHL playoffs, in my opinion, is arguably the best sporting event to watch outside of the Superbowl. Maybe even better in some cases.

I am extremely disappointed that the San Jose Sharks let this series get this far. It is the same thing year after year with this team. Jumbo Joe and company were completely dominant during the regular season, and as soon as the playoff hockey starts, they start playing a totally different game. This is the time to be playing with intensity at its highest level, and the Sharks are playing like they don't have a care in the world. If it had not been for superb goaltending from Nabakov, this team would be home right now watching playoff hockey like the rest of us. They have to be the most frustrating team in the NHL to watch, with all the talent in the world, playing like "its just another game". Joe - this is the exact reason why the Bruins dumped you buddy. All the skills in the world, but no heart when it matters.

I stand by my blog yesterday about Daniel, excuse me I forgot, Danny Briere yesterday. He racked up another goal, even though it didn't really matter as the Alex'O completely dominated the game last night. Nice of you to join the rest of your team Alex. Here's my prediction, Caps win this game in overtime on a Mike Green goal (hey he's on my playoff fantasy team here so I have to show a little love).

Even though the Bruins got absolutely hammered last night, I am excited about this team. Considering they played the entire series with a number of guys who played in Providence this year, only bright things are to come in the future. This offseason is the time to part ways with Tim Thomas as his stock is probably at its peak. It's also time to move on from Glen Murray, as he was exposed as an old man playing a kids game, always seem to be one step behind the play. The Bruins are just one elite goal scorer (a la Marian Hossa) away from being considerable contenders. Signing Hossa this offseason is exactly what this teams needs. Anything less I will be disappointed in my team. Tuuka Rask "should" be starting for this team next year and I look for him to have the same kind of impact that Carey Price has had on the Canadiens.

Last but not least, is there any doubt in any one's mind that Milan Lucic, at age 19, has the potential to be the next Cam Neely? This guy can do it all, fight, stick handle, score, every coaches dream. I bet Cam had a lot of say when this guy was drafted last year.

No comments: