Friday, December 19, 2008

Bandwagon time! Everyone is talking about Mats Sundin so I guess I'm supposed to.

So. Mats Sundin to Vancouver.
I'm going to go out on a limb here: Mats Sundin will do well.
There's a reason teams were lining up, salivating for him. He is a dynamic center who played some of his best years with horribly sub-par teammates. Last year he had seventy-some-odd points, and that was on a team with aging has-been idjits. Sundin is a big-game player, and he will turn some heads. He can dominate a game, and Vancouver should be glad to have him. I would have liked to see him in the Canadiens lineup, but that seemed pretty remote.

I do, however, think Mats Sundin should have signed with New York instead. The Rangers have a more complete team from the top down, and Mats would have had a much better chance of winning the Cup with the Rangers.

So there's my bold prediction: he is going to have a great year, and may even make some noise in the playoffs. You can be sure that after the new year rolls around and I'm falling asleep to the warm glow of Western Conference hockey, that warm glow will be a Vancouver game. Hell, I may even stay awake to see some of his goals and immediately fall peacefully back into a light, Bob Cole-narrated sleep.

No comments: