Saturday, September 13, 2008

HELL YEAH!

The wait is finally over. Sundin can leave that fence post up his ass as long as he wants, the chicken-swede. You hear me Mats? You have our permission to play hide and go fuck yourself.

I have always liked Robert Lang, and I'm really excited about him coming to Montreal. He's not as flashy as a Mats Sundin or Alexei Kovalev, but he's dependable.
So, for the upcoming season, the lines are looking something like this:

Kovalev, Plekanec, A. Kostitsyn
Tanguay, Lang, S. Kostitsyn
Higgins, Koivu, Kostopoulos
Lapierre, Chipchura, Laraque

(Latendresse and Begin in reserve, and will probably rotate with Kostopoulos and the entire fourth line.)

Defense looks something like:

Markov, Komisarek
Hamrlik, Gorges
O'Byrne, Bouillon

(Dandenault and Breeze-by digging splinters outta their asses while they ride pine all season whilst eating Bell Centre hot dogs)

And of course in goal, the overrated and inexperienced Carey Price, saddled with nothing less than the expectation that he transmogrify into Patrick Roy.
If that doesn't work out, we've got Denis and Halak to stuff between the pipes and get shell-shocked.

I am very glad to see that Saku Koivu will finally have the burden of primary scoring lifted from his shoulders, as he moves into a secondary scoring/checking role that he should have been filling for the past three years. But I won't be surprised when Lang and Tanguay falter to see him centering the first or second line again. I'm just glad that's not how he's starting the season.

Now I am really interested to see the beginning of the season.
Thank you, Bob Gainey, for finally dealing for some quality players, while keeping our talented youngsters. I won't go so far as to say I think this team can win the Cup, but they finally have the right mix of premiere players, solid veterans, and rising stars (along with a dash of knuckle-sandwich). Now, it all comes down the big question mark in goal. We'll see if Price is the real deal.

3 comments:

Capt. Sparrow said...

As much as I hate this team I love their 2nd line. I love what Tanguay and Lang both bring to the table.

Icebuddy said...

Tell me G-Wheezy (that's what I'm calling you now)...do you anticipate your line predictions going better than last year? I seem to remember the words "Second or worst team in hockey" this time in 07'. Now, you're lines are pretty awesome...so does that mean the Habs suck this time around? It can't be right? Cause Carey Price is going to EXPLODE this year and you're now rivaling teams like the Pens for best 1-2 lines in the conference.

I'd love to talk myself into the B's...but all we got was the entertaining yet unremarkable Mike Ryder. That and another year of wondering when Phil "Uno Tesicle" Kessel is going to "get it." On the plus side, we're all supposed to buy into Jacobs giving a crap because he half-heartedly offered Hossa a contract we could never actually fulfull. I can't wait for the Playoffs when the bandwagon diehards pour out of the woodwork again to ignore the wrong-doings of the ownership!

A Concerned Citizen said...

Like any good sports fan who feels his team has gone far too long without a championship, I am a pessimist. While I finally like the team we have on paper, I am not taking anything for granted this year. Three words can explain a lot: New. York. Rangers. Remember right before the lockout? The Rangers spent billions on the best players, and they sucked donkey dick.

Another cause for pessimism is Carbonneau's retarded line-juggling, where he puts folks like Dandenault on a line with Kovalev. It gets so bad around December/January that no one can tell whether any one line is the first or fourth. What does someone do with a line combo of Streit, Koivu, and Latendresse?

And I just dunno about Price. I think I've had too many helpings of "former Vezina and Hart trophy winner" to feel confident about any goalies. It's a sickness. I'll believe it when I see it, I suppose.

I'll tell you this much: Ryder's gonna light up the Habs this year. He's your version of John LeClair.